Hey! I knew you’d come back for part 2 of this mini blog series and I am so happy you did. If you’re a new reader, I want to welcome you to my neck of the blogesphere (is that even how you spell it?).
I am here and ready to encourage you (if I haven’t already) to set goals for 2018. If you haven’t checked out my first post on this topic, please do. 🙂
So Natalie, what’s the next step in getting motivated?
Find Your Why
As I mentioned in my first post, I’ve been in a mental/emotional place where I did not want to think about setting goals. While it was a process to get out of that place, I finally did by dreaming again, believing again and then I found my why.
For me I had a few whys…. my husband, my children and my purpose. These are the things that pushed me to set goals so that I could become a better woman and help others.
Even if YOU don’t believe it now, you are here on this earth to make a difference.
Someone somewhere is in need of the purpose that is deep down inside of you. Could it be that your lack of motivation is a trick to distract you from setting goals that will change your life and those connected to you? Yup, I definitely think so.
So how can I begin to identify my why?
- Keep developing a Philippians 4:8 mindset.
- Decide to move past what you feel into what you KNOW will make a difference in your life.
- Think about what makes you get out of the bed even when you don’t feel like it.
- What brings you joy? What energizes you?
- What organizations are you passionate about and why?
- Write these down and see if you can identify what truly drives you.
- Stay tuned to more blog posts of encouragement!
Can’t wait for you to identify your why!